How will the whole school day be made accessible to my child with SEND?
The school has been adapted to ensure accessibility for all pupils. Such adaptations include:
- Disability access ramps across the school.
- One level school system for the original building, removing the need to access stairs/ lifts to move around the school.
- Lift and ramp access to the additional school building.
- Disabled toilet access facilities
- Integrated shower unit
- Changing facilities, including hydraulic changing bed.
- Classroom space/ room size and layout to allow for mobility and pupil access.
- Visual timetables
- Task management boards
- PECS / visual reminder resources
- Communication In Print resources.
- Staff trained to use Makaton.