How do the school involve parents/ carers?
Parental involvement is very important to the school’s ethos of Aspire, Inspire, Achieve. We have an open door policy to parents, ensuring we are always approachable so parents can feel involved in the education of their child.
In addition, our school aims to regularly involve parents in the education of their child though a variety of different ways including:
- Regular meeting with Inclusion Lead, class teacher and support staff.
- Target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next.
- Daily handover of information at collection times as necessary.
- Information on the school website.
- Parents evening, parents drop in, coffee mornings.
- Signposting to parent groups.
- Termly IIP or annual review meeting with views shared.
- Inspire workshops.
Education targets will be shared with parents when they are reviewed. We also encourage parents to support target work at home as much as possible.