SATs WEEK INFO
SATs week will commence on May 20th.
Here are some helpful hints for preparing and reassuring you and your child during SATs.
- First and foremost, support and reassure your child that there is nothing to worry about and that they should always just try their best. Praise and encourage!
- Ensure your child has the best possible attendance at school.
- Reading, spelling and arithmetic (e.g. times tables) are always good to practise.
- Talk to your child about what they have learnt at school and what book(s) they are reading (the character, the plot, their opinion).
- Make sure your child has a good sleep and healthy breakfast every morning!
Days to remember:
PE is on Thursday.
Don't forget your kit!
On Fridays we have show and tell, we would love you to share your favourite belongings with the class!
We will be heading outside to do some outdoor learning every fortnight. The days and times will vary based on the lesson that we teach. Please ensure that your child has the equipment they need to take part- long sleeved tops, trousers and suitable shoes to change into and wellies if you have them. We will be going outside whatever the weather, so please bring layers to keep warm!
This Year's Topics
Autumn 1.1: Land Ahoy!
Autumn 1:2: Street Detectives
Spring 2.1: Muck, Mess and Mixtures
Spring 2.2: Towers, Tunnels and Turrets
Summer 3.1: Wiggle and Crawl
Summer 3.2: Scented Garden
Homework in Year 2
RWI: Children are given weekly reading books linked to phonics and spelling.
Topic: Projects are handed out which are linked to the topics listed above.
Literacy and Numeracy packs are handed out half termly.