We are now graded as a good school!
Our Ofsted Report can be read below. We are absolutely delighted with the outcome and hope that you share our enthusiasm. We would like to thank all of our team, including staff, governors, parents and children for their hard work and support in making our journey through continuous improvement achievable.
I would also like to thank those parents who completed the online parent view survey and gave their time to speak with the inspectors. I have listed the positive points that Ofsted have included in their report.
- The headteacher, other leaders and the governing body together form an effective and professional team, which has improved teaching and pupils’ achievement.
- Leaders evaluate accurately the school’s effectiveness and the quality of its teaching. The school’s capacity for further improvement is good.
- There are secure systems for the monitoring and tracking of pupils’ progress throughout the school. These are used well to improve teaching and raise standards.
- Leadership in the early years is good and ensures that most children make good progress.
- There are mutually beneficial partnerships with other schools and the local children’s centre.
- Most pupils make good progress overall in reading, writing and mathematics at each key stage. Standards are rising; pupils’ progress is accelerating.
- Good teaching and attention to the pupils’ personal as well as their academic development result in good behaviour and attitudes to learning.
- Well-designed provision for any pupils at risk of falling behind helps them make good progress.
- Pupils enjoy school. They feel safe because adults pay good attention to pupils’ welfare.
- An atmosphere of mutual respect exists across the school, and pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted very well.
- Pupils understand and appreciate each other’s beliefs and values.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss anything in the report, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs Paula Weaver
You can read the full report below:
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.