General Assistant - Kitchen
Allens Croft Primary School are currently recruiting two General Assistants for the kitchen. Closing date is 29th April 2019 at 12:00:
PAY SCALE: Grade 1
- To work under the control and direction of the Catering Supervisor assisting with the preparation, cooking, serving and general kitchen cleaning.
- To assist with the basic preparation of food and refreshments, which may include some cooking.
- To assist with the care, cleaning, and maintenance cleaning of all equipment in use in the kitchen as required.
- To prepare the dining room for lunch service, including laying of tables if required.
- To erect and dismantle dining room furniture where necessary.
- To serve meals and refreshments in line with school requirements.
- To assist with the washing up of all kitchen items.
- To assist with the general daily cleaning of the kitchen and associated areas.
- To maintain the agreed standard of dress and appearance.
- To promote the policies and procedures of the school at all times.
- Such other duties as may be commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To work in a safe manner at all times having due regard for others and food safety and health and safety legislation.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.