Free School Meal Guidance
Free School Meal Supermarket Vouchers
We are still waiting for guidance from the Government regarding Free School Meal Vouchers. As soon as we have received any new information, we will inform you. If your child is eligible for free school meals, you will receive an email or text. You should then be allocated vouchers to purchase lunch for your child while school is closed due to COVID-19.
If you are not already eligible for Free School Meals but are receiving any of these benefits listed below, you MAY be entitled to Free School Meals, (Weekly FSM Supermarket Vouchers in this current situation, while the school is closed due to Covid-19).
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you are receiving any of the above benefits and you are not already receiving FSM, please contact the school and provide us with your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth so we can check your details on our system.
If your circumstances have changed due to COVID-19, please remember to report the change to the benefit agency as this may change your eligibility.
We want to ensure that parents/carers who are entitled to these vouchers are receiving them.
If you are struggling with food for your family, we can sign post you to local food banks. Please contact school via telephone or email@example.com,uk.
Here are some links for information about local foodbanks.